"Located in South Boston, Sixth Gear is a purveyor of modern American dining. Sixth Gear opened in January 2016 and is located on the East Side of South Boston on the corner of L Street and Fourth. Since then, Sixth Gear has been serving both classic comfort food dishes and new ventures into modern American style cooking."
Reservations made through Seated will be eligible for rewards. Follow the link to make your reservation from the app.
- Great atmosphere, small and cozy
- Extensive craft beer selection
- Delicious signature cocktails
- Great value and generous portions for entrees
- Gear Burger and Taco sampler was delicious
- Friendly, honest and knowledgeable wait staff
- Wait staff was understaffed leading to a longer than expected wait time for food and drinks. There were only 2 people in the front of house (1 bartender, 1 waiter)
- Pretzel bites were obviously frozen, $10 was a bit steep for 8 frozen pretzel bites
Overall I would visit again, however use caution when going in peak times as the wait staff seems to be overwhelmed. Food and atmosphere will definitely bring me back again.
Amazing!!!! Would go there every night! Group of four that got four different things and we all cleared out plates. Our server Katie was adorable and took great care of us!
Nice atmosphere, good food, and a fair selection of beers. Happened to show up for a Comedy night, which was a lot of fun and a pleasant surprise. Service was friendly, but a little slow, they seemed to be understaffed for the occasion. Ordered the Seasonal Humus and Cubano sandwich, would go back.